Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Breakfast Strata
This is delicious! For another great recipe, check out my Aunt Carol's breakfast strata (which my favorite cousin) posted on her blog last December. It's so good!

1 ½ C sliced fresh mushrooms

1 ½ C sliced zucchini

1 C cubed fully cooked ham

¾ C chopped onion

¾ C chopped green pepper

1 garlic clove, minced

vegetable oil

1-8oz pkg cream cheese, softened

¼ C half and half cream

6 eggs

2 C cubed day-old bread

1 ½ C shredded cheddar cheese

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp pepper



Saute mushroom, zucchini, ham, onions, green peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Drain and pat dry, set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth, Beat in eggs. Stir in the bread, cheese, salt, pepper and vegetables. Pour into a greased 11x7 baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 350* for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.

3 comments:

destiny said...

Why do you have Brunch Part I three times?

This looks good, I will let you make it for me!

hehehe...

Mike and Jenny said...

There, I fixed it! Maybe I will make it for you...

KJ said...

oh how I love the strata. I sometime use a pretty cookie cutter (leaf, flower, heart, star) to cut the bread, which makes a really pretty pattern on the stop as it browns in the oven.