Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Favorite Recipe: Mom's BBQ Baby Back Ribs

These ribs are the best I've ever had, plus their fool proof. You just need to plan ahead as they take about 4 hours to cook, but there's very little work involved on your part. They're perfect to come home to as a Sunday dinner and the meat literally falls off the bone they're so tender. My mom usually serves twice baked potoatoes and a nice tossed salad as side dishes, but any BBQ faovrite would work like baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, or mac n cheese.

Mom's BBQ Baby Back Ribs
2 sides Baby Back Pork Ribs
Salt & Pepper to taste
BBQ sauce - any brand that's good, a couple big bottles

Rinse and pat dry the rib sides. Cut them into pieces, (sections of 3 ribs each). Then score each piece (cut between the bones about 2/3 of the way down). Salt & Pepper them well on both sides and place on the top of a broiler pan (my broiler pan wasn't big enough so I used a big cookie sheet and set a cooling rack inside of it and set the ribs on that. Put a little water in the bottom of the pan so the grease drippings are easy to clean up). Bake at 350* for 1 hour turning the ribs over after 30 minutes. Take them out of the oven and clear off all the fat from the pan, wash the pan or use another one. Pour BBQ sauce into the bottom of the pan about 3/4" deep. Place the ribs meat side down in the sauce and drizzle with additional BBQ sauce over the top. Cover well with heavy aluminum foil. Bake 250* for 3 hours. Serve with additional sauce if desired.

3 comments:

kate said...

these look great! i'll have to try them...

KJ said...

I'm sorta thinkin this is the kind of thing we keep in the family!

destiny said...

Are you getting more breaks at work? You have been on a blogging role. I think I may need to try to blog soon. I'm getting way behind!

p.s. You can make me dinner ANYTIME!